Gas (Helium) Pycnometer (Shown with dual gas selection option)
The Ultimate True Density Machine
and the indispensable R&D tool for
The most versatile, accurate, and unique design combining gas (helium) pycnometer and micro-pycnometer in one instrument for true volume (density) measurements of solid state samples (e.g. fine powders) at ambient temperature conditions with nanoliters resolution.
Some of the main features of the IQIPyc™ design are: 0.1 cc , 1 cc, and 10 cc sample chambers
- Actual volume measurements accuracy of ± 0.0002 cc with 0.1 cc hardware
- Dual gas selection option - additional characterization by different gases
- Unique design of sample holders – special filters for fine powders (e.g. silica fumes)
- Variable volume of reference chamber w/ possibility of additional external volumes
- Continuous flow of gas into and out of sample chamber (proportional valve)
- Internal vacuum pump (miniature, diaphragm, 7-10 kPa capability) and external vacuum port
- Effective sample pretreatment – vacuum and pressure cycle
- Built-in high accuracy low pressure regulator (up to 17 bar (250 psig) input)
- Auto (any Windows OS) and Manual (software) modes of operation
- Unique design of software to create experiments by using predefined “macros” of specific tasks
- High accuracy and resolution (24-bit data acquisition ADC)
- Flexibility of designing and carrying out experiments and transparency of experimental data (txt format, easy transfer to spreadsheets)
- Custom made accessories allow usage of external chambers for larger volumes or other chamber volumes
- Pricing from the basic volumetric core (pycnometer) of specific volume range to include applicable options and custom hardware.
Stainless Steel Chamber
The design introduces a new concept of "Pycnometer To The Sample".
In addition to typical delivery of sample to the sample chamber, the auxiliary hardware allows for external connections to user defined chambers for volume measurements or connecting other special sample chambers.
For example, the picture on the left side shows an external sample chamber for long samples. If needed, such a SS (stainless steel) chamber can be subjected to high temperatures for sample treatment (in a specific gas atmosphere or vacuum) and the true density can be measured again.
Test Tube Heater 12 V DC 300 C
The Test Tube Heater is designed for uniform and controlled heating of sample holders up to 300 C (570 F) with temperature resolution of 0.1 C. This handy tool is intended for R&D researchers for samples studies and for general laboratory work.
Technical Notes (Pycnometry, Thermal Analysis, Water Vapor Desorption) Pdf.file
To inquire (in writing) about our products, please contact us at: email@example.com